It will be a homecoming for stallion Winning Rupert as the record-breaking son of Written Tycoon returns to Queensland to stand at Grandview Stud in 2022.
Bred in Queensland with his amazing 2yo & 3yo racing feats also achieved in Queensland, Winning Rupert is now set to light up the breeding barn in Queensland.
Winning Rupert will stand for $7,700 including GST in 2022 and join the Grandview Stud stallion roster with Under The Louvre, Whittington and Neorealism.
Grandview Stud owner Michael Grieve said Winning Rupert fits the profile perfectly as a stallion for Queensland breeders.
“Winning Rupert was an exceptionally fast son of Written Tycoon on the track, a Group 2 winning 2yo and then returned even better as a 3yo with a trio of amazing performances during the Brisbane summer of 2016.
“His trainer Bjorn Baker said he was the fastest horse he had trained and leading form analyst Dominic Beirne had him ahead of Chautauqua, Astern, Star Turn, Flying Artie and Extreme Choice on projected ratings after his blistering 3yo summer.
“Fittingly Winning Rupert returns to Queensland where he was bred and produced his record-breaking performances on the track.
“He comes to us after five seasons at Newgate Stud, ironically at the same time his sire Written Tycoon came to Queensland to stand.
“At Newgate Stud, Winning Rupert served consistently strong books, produced 4 stakes horses, 12 2yo winners from his first crop, and was 3rd in the First Season Sire standings by winners.
“We’re excited to stand him at such great value and believe he will be as big a success as a QTIS sire as he was on the Queensland racetracks.”
Winning Rupert (as a racehorse)
- 6 starts for 5 wins and 2 track records
- Won the Group 2 Champagne Classic as a 2yo over 1200m at Doomben
- Won the Queensland Summer Triple Crown for 3yos in 2016:
- Broke the track record for 1200m at Eagle Farm
- Won the Listed Gold Edition Plate, just 0.1 seconds off Takeover Target’s track record at Doomben for 1200m
- Won the Group 3 Vo Rogue Plate breaking the 1300m Eagle Farm track record
- Unbeaten before injury hindered his performance in the Magic Millions Guineas as favourite
Winning Rupert (as a sire)
- First crop are 3yos
- Australia’s 3rd ranked First Season Sire (by Winners) in 2020/21 including 12 2yo winners
- Sired 4 stakes horses in It’sarayday, Jemeldi, Tonneofgrit & Bolsonaro
- Covered another solid book of mares last season in his 5th season at Newgate Stud
- His yearlings are averaging $57,338 at Australian sales this season including a 100% clearance rate at the recent Magic Millions QTIS Sale with 5 lots sold
- Being free of Danzig / Danehill, Winning Rupert offers a rare outcross for breeders
Enquiries on Winning Rupert to Mark Farmer on 0431 280 154 or via email.